Find here the list of awards and grants received by the Udry research group:
CURRENT SUPPORT to Udry (Total = ~ $1,503,360)
- NASA Mars 2020 participating scientist Program: Using Jezero crater igneous compositions to constrain martian interior and surface processes from the Noachian to Amazonian, PI – Udry A. – Total of ~$93,000 (2021 to 2024)
- NASA Solar System Working Program: Constraining parental melt compositions and mineral formation in martian nakhlite and chassignite meteorites, PI – Udry. A. Total of ~$455,000 (01.2021 to 01.2024)
- UNLV Faculty Top Tier Doctoral Graduate Research Assistantship Grant Program (TTDGRA): Constraining the parental melt compositions and mineral formation in martian nakhlite and chassignite meteorites, PI – Udry A. – Total of ~$85,000 (08.2020 to 06.2023).
- NASA Solar System Working Program: Petrogenesis of poikilitic shergottites and implications for martian geochemical reservoirs, PI – Udry A. Total of $330,540 (02.22.2019 to 02.21.2022).
- NASA Planetary Major Equipment Program: Acquisition of a new laser ablation system at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, PI – Udry A. Total of $240,250 (02.22.2019 to 02.21.2022).
- NASA Mars Data Analysis Program: Understanding diversity in martian magmatism: Modeling the formation of felsic and alkaline igneous compositions from in-situ data collected on Mars, PI – Udry A. Total of $299,570 (04-01-2017 to 04-01-2021).
PREVIOUS SUPPORT to Udry
- UNLV Faculty Opportunity Awards, Individual Investigator Award: “Towards a better understanding of magmatic processes on Mercury using aubrite meteorites”, PI – Udry A. $19,500 (7-1-2015 to 06-31-2018)
- NASA Solar System Working Program: “Whitlockite and merrillite phosphate minerals: Potential recorders of formation and alteration processes from mantle to surface” PI – Hausrath E., Science PI- Adcock C., Collaborator –Udry A. (7-31-2015 to 7-30-2017)
Awards, grants, and fellowships to students:
- NASA Nevada Space Grant Consortium (NVSGC) fellowship to Evan O’Neal entitled “Source and parental melts of a poikilitic shergottite suite: Implications into martian magmatism” (Fall 2020-Spring 2021) = $17,500
- 2020 Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) career Award to Amanda Ostwald (March 2020) = $1000
- UNLV 2020 Outstanding STEM Thesis Award to Rachel Rahib (Spring 2020)
- Graduate & Professional Student Association Research Sponsorship to Amanda Ostwald (Fall 2019) = $1250
- NASA Planetary Sciences Division Travel Grant to Amanda Ostwald for the Meteoritical Society meeting 2019 in Sapporo (Summer 2019) = $1,800
- Dwornik Award Honorable Mention Graduate Poster 2019 (Planetary science Award) to Amanda Ostwald, for her LPSC poster (abstract #1431) entitled “Parental Melt of Nakhlites as Determined from Melt Inclusions.” (Spring 2019)
- Geosymposium Research Award: Jacobs (UNLV) to Amanda Ostwald (Spring 2019) = $1000.
- Bernada French Scholarship (UNLV) to Amanda Ostwald (Fall 2018) = $1,100
- Alumni Association Scholarship (UNLV Graduate College) to Rachel Rahib (Fall 2018) = $1,250
- 2018 James F. Adams/GPSA Scholarship (UNLV Graduate College) to Rachel Rahib (Fall 2018) = $500
- Remote Jacobs- NASA Johnson Space Center graduate assistantship to Rachel Rahib (Fall 2018) = $27,262.
- 2018 UNLV Office of Undergraduate Research Summer Undergraduate Research Funding (OUR SURF) Scholarship to Zoë Wilbur (Summer 2018)
- 2018 UNLV Geosymposium undergraduate student achievement to Zoë Wilbur (April 2018)
- 2018 UNLV Geosymposium graduate student achievement to Logan Combs (April 2018)
- 2018 Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) career Award to Logan Combs for LPSC abstract #1727 entitled “Petrology and geochemistry of the enriched poikilitic shergottite Northwest Africa 10169: insight into the martian interior.” (March 2018) = $1000
- 2018 Desert Space Foundation Scholarship to Rachel Rahib (Spring 2018) = $980
- Jacobs-JSC internship to Zoë Wilbur (Spring-Summer 2018) = $36,877
- First place to Logan Combs for poster entitled” Petrology of the new enriched poikilitic shergottite Northwest Africa (NWA) 10169: Insight into the martian interior at the 2017 NASA Space Grant and Nevada NASA EPSCoR Statewide Meeting (Fall 2017)
- NASA Lunar and Planetary Institute (LPI) travel award to Rachel Rahib for the Meteoritical Society meeting in Santa Fe (July 2017) = $1,000
- NASA Nevada Space Grant Consortium (NVSGC) fellowship to Logan Combs entitled “Petrology of the new enriched lherzolitic shergottite Northwest Africa (NWA) 10169: Insight into the martian interior” (Fall 2017-Spring 2018) = $18,000
- NASA Nevada Space Grant Consortium (NVSGC) fellowship to Rachel Rahib entitled “Insight into the martian interior using quantitative textural analyses of poikilitic shergottites” (Fall 2017-Spring 2018) = $18,000